Double, Double Toil and trouble. This is a fun spaghetti sensory bin tailored for Halloween. Dye the pasta a creepy green and purple color and add some creepy crawlies and you have a perfect spooky Halloween sensory bin! We decided to make this a witch’s sensory brew!
For this SPELL you’ll need:
- Brains and Worms (Spaghetti dyed purple and green)
- Ground bones (garlic powder)
- Spiders (toy spiders; I got mine at the dollar store)
- Centipedes (I also got these at the dollar store)
- Magic (glitter)
- Provides opportunity to explore using senses
- Develops fine motor skills by squishing, grabbing, mashing
- Helps teach the properties of objects
- Provides opportunity to teach descriptive words such as slimy or wet.
- Allows for the exploration of Halloween themes
Cook the spaghetti per the directions and toss with some olive oil and green food coloring in a ziplock bag. Use blue and red food coloring for a separate batch to get purple color. We also did orange.
I then divided the spaghetti into bowls and laid out all of the “ingredients”. I also laid out a large pot for her “cauldron.” She started by adding the spaghetti to the cauldron.
She then added her creepy crawlies
Have a spooktacular time!
For more colored Spaghetti Fun check out our Rainbow Sensory Activity!