There is just something fun and whimsical about St. Patrick’s Day. It is not a holiday we really take too seriously here in our house but we do love making fun rainbow crafts, doing rainbow activities and reading fun St. Patty’s books for kids. I thought I would share with you some of our favorites.
Top 6 St. Patrick’s Day Books for Kids
1. Jamie O’Rourke and the Big Potato- This is a FUN Irish folktale about a man and a BIG potato. We love Tomie DePAOLA in our house and so we really enjoy this one.
2. Clever Tom and the Leprechaun: An Old Irish Story- This is fun story about a Leprechaun who outwits a man who thinks he is pretty clever. It is a fun and has great illustrations. This is one that has my kids asking to read it over and over again.
3. The Story of the Leprechaun- This is a charming book about a shoe maker who happens to be a Leprechaun. He runs into some trouble when a greedy man steals his savings. The illustrations are beautifully detailed and magical.
4. That’s What Leprechauns Do- What do Leprechauns do best besides hiding a pot a gold? Get into mischief, of course. A comical and whimsical story about Leprechauns.
5. The Luckiest St. Patrick’s Day Ever- This is a fun, colorful rhyming St. Patrick’s Day story that little kids absolutely love. This is one of my daughter’s favorites.
6. Jack and the Leprechaun- This is a fun little story that is great for introducing kids to Irish folklore and culture. Jack the mouse visits relatives in Ireland and learns all about Irish culture and tries to find the mythical Leprechaun.
Follow my St. Patrick’s Day board on Pinterest for fun St. Patrick’s Day Craft, Activities, and food ideas!
Follow Brittany @ Love, Play, Learn’s board ST. PATRICK’S DAY CRAFTS AND ACTIVITIES on Pinterest.
This post contains affiliate links, I only recommend products I use and love.