Quick ‘n Easy Greek Yogurt Finger Paint

Edible Greek Yogurt Finger Paint Recipe

This is a quick tutorial for making Greek Yogurt Finger Paint. It is beyond easy to make and super quick as well.

This paint is perfect for introducing babies to finger painting. It is non-toxic, edible, and a great sensory experience for them. Fun with this paint is not limited to infants, toddlers and preschoolers will have a blast using it too! My daughter is 14 months and still tends to put everything in her mouth, so edible paint is a must.

For this activity you will need
-Plain 0% fat greek yogurt (any brand)
-Food coloring of your choice
-Small containers (I used empty baby food jars)

Now comes the hard part-

Add the yogurt to empty containers

Then add a few drops of food coloring to each jar

Stir!

and Voila, you have paint!

Easy peasy and oh so fun! The jars should store in your refrigerator for later use.

Use this for finger painting, bath tub painting, or in the highchair.

Comments

• says

Thank you for following! I love your site, I followed you back and also followed you on Facebook and Twitter. I look forward to seeing your posts!

1. says

I have never heard of this…a great idea!! and it definitely inspires creativity in kids…my kids all played with the home made play dough for hours and hours..but never homemade finger paint..
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

• says

Thank you! I love the edible ideas since my daughter loves putting things in her mouth :) It will be nice when we can branch out a bit, there are so many awesome ideas out there!

2. says

I love this idea!!!! This would have work well a couple of months ago when I accidentally bought “Greek” yogurt instead of the regular type, I took one bite and gagged then threw it straight into the garbage LOL! I would have got some use out of it with this idea.

• says

LOL, I think greek yogurt is definitely not for everyone. It is very tangy. I use it in smoothies though for the protein and it works great in them! Thank you so much!

• says

Thanks for stopping by! My daughter did prefer to eat it I think, rather than paint! I learned to not do this activity before a meal time. :)

3. says

That is a great idea! Greek yogurt is a great texture for paint. I hope you will add a link to this post on Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3. Today is the first of what will be a weekly linky featuring arts, crafts and play activities. I hope to see you there. If you miss it today, it will happen each Wednesday. My four 20 month-old toddlers are taking their evening nap now so I stole the opportunity invite you to join in.

: 0 ) Theresa

4. Wuzzy mum says

Thanx a lot for such quick and amazing stuff. Play time with kids becoming a therapy now…. No need to be stressed out about the kids putting stuff inside their mouth….